Sunday

Walkers Cafe Pt Fermin Park, San Pedro, California





Stuck right in the corner of Pt Fermin Park in San Pedro, is an established watering hole called Walkers Cafe. It's been there for years. Originally opened by a couple from Oklahoma, it is a wonderful dive bar. And during the summer, a destination with alot of harley riders out for a days cruise! Cheap beer, Coors Light was my beer of choice today-I had just finished running so I was treating myself! They serve food here as well, all the food is made to order-the only time I ate I had the cheeseburger-I could have eaten 3 of them!
But really it's a great place to go meet the locals and have a beer! Especially in the summer. Don't go hoping to watch lots of TV~there is one tv, that gets the local stations, that sits on the bar-but if there is a basketball or football game on it will be playing. A few movies and tv shows have been shot here, the one of note is To Live and Die in LA, I might add one of my favorite movies!! My dog was welcomed~she wanted to come inside but alas that's not allowed...but she was very happy sitting right outside the door. Unfortuantely you are no longer allowed to drink beer outside-I think that's a true bummer! Check it out~it's fun but might want to call ahead of time just to make sure it's open!

Walkers Cafe

700 W Paseo Del Mar
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 833-3623

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Home away from home."

Anonymous said...

FUN PLACE TO RIDE TO. COLD BEER & GOOD BURGERSS. BUT THE LADIES AT THE COUNTER NEED TO GET LAID OR SOMTHING. THEY ARE SOOOOOOO GRUMPY. LIGHTEN UP LADIES!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I grew up there back in the late 70's early 80's... they still have the exact same shit on the walls. Amazing. I have so many crazy memories of that place!

Anonymous said...

pete and the boys at the buffalo chip highly recommend walkers for a cold one....or two

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The last time I was at Walkers Cafe was about 30 yrs. ago, but can I tell ya the place still looks the same. What good times were had there...and great pictures too!! Oh My Goodness...hehehe...just sittin' here grinnin' those were the days for sure. Some days you really and truly wish that you could turn back the hands of time...just for a little while. Enjoy your memories of the good old days everyone, things will NEVER be the same!! Glad to see Walkers Cafe still going strong!

:) said...

My daddy and mommy walked by there on a date!! And he called it a caf not cafe LOL That was back then tho long long time ago like in the 70s :P